[asterisk-users] Today 2nd Feb 2021 I have solved the problem for my client whose ISDN phone line was down since yesterday

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming ceo at teo-en-ming.com
Tue Feb 2 09:15:34 CST 2021

Subject: Today 2nd Feb 2021 I have solved the problem for my client
whose ISDN phone line was down since yesterday

Good day from Singapore,

Today 2nd Feb 2021 Tuesday I have solved the problem for my client "Joe
Biden LLC" (fictitious company name used) whose ISDN phone line was down
since yesterday.

My client is using Singapore Singtel ISDN line with Sangoma FreePBX
Phone System 60. Asterisk version is 13.14.0 and FreePBX version is
13.0.191.4.

Yesterday 1st Feb 2021 Monday about 1+ PM Singapore Time, our client
notified us that their phone line is down. All their callers are
receiving "All circuits are busy." message. By late afternoon, my
seniors had rebooted the Sangoma PBX appliance but did not manage to
solve the problem.

Today morning 2nd Feb 2021 my boss Edward Joseph Snowden (fictitious
name used) remoted into the client's server. After troubleshooting for
about half an hour, he thinks the problem may lie with the optical fiber
line. He dispatched me onsite to the client's office.

When I was at the client's office, I saw that the Huawei OptiX PTN 905A
Router has a red ALARM LED. My boss and team leader Julian Assange
(fictitious name used) thinks the problem may lie with Singtel service
provider. So I called Singtel business technical service hotline. A
Singtel engineer reached our client's office at about 2.30 PM Singapore
Time. Using the ISDN phone, he tested the circuit and found no errors.
He called me successfully using his ISDN phone and I also called his
ISDN phone successfully. The conclusion is that there is nothing wrong
with Singtel's circuit. The red ALARM LED was there because there are
unused ports, the Singtel engineer explains. If all the ports on the
Huawei OptiX PTN 905A Router are used, then there would be no red ALARM
LED. So even though there is a red ALARM LED, it is still normal.

Because my boss Edward Joseph Snowden was rushing to another client's
site, he left me to do the troubleshooting. With a bit of good luck, I
performed a Google search with all the correct key words and found the
following the guide, which helped me to solve the problem very quickly.

Reference Guide: PBX Setting for Singapore Singtel ISDN
Link:
http://sappology.blogspot.com/2012/12/pbx-setting-for-singapore-singtel-isdn.html
Author: Sap

I shall reproduce his blog post as follows.

[QUOTE=Blogger Sap]

I had a chance to set up a PBX server with my ex company.  It was fun
and recently , the server was down. I was called up and out of goodwill
, I had a go at it.

The problem was someone upgraded rpm , modules and hence messing up the
DAHDI settings.

Server --> Dell
ISDN Card -- > TE110P
Service Provider -- > Singtel ISDN-30

Software used --> AsteriskNow
Asterisk Core --> asterisk-core-1.6.2.24-1_centos5
GUI -- > Freepbx

these are the DAHDI settings (Freepbx)

Framing/Coding : CCS/HDB3/CRC4
Signalling: PRI-CPE
SwitchType: EuroISDN
Sync/Clock Source: 0
Context: from-pstn

*Others that are not mention , leave it as default

For the hardcore users,
# cat /etc/dahdi/system.conf
span=1,0,0,CCS,HDB3,CRC4
bchan=1-15,17-30
dchan=16
loadzone=sg

# cat dahdi-channels.conf

; Span 1: WCT1/0 "Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0" (MASTER)
HDB3/CCS/CRC4
group=0,11
context=from-pstn
switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 1-15,17-31
context = default
group = 63

# cat /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf

; Span 1: WCT1/0 "Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0" (MASTER)
HDB3/CCS/CRC4
group=0,11
context=from-pstn
switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 1-15,17-31
context = default
group = 63

Restart dahdi after applying the settings

*******
pri_net & pri_cpe control who acts like the "ISDN Network" and who acts
like the "ISDN Customer Equipment". When you connect to a telco provided
PRI, you'll want to set to "pri_cpe" *and* set the span in dahdi.conf to
take clock from the line because you are customer equipment. If you are
plugging your asterisk box into a PBX or something that is not a telco
provided, you'll want to be set to "pri_net" because you are pretending
to be the telephone network and you want to set the span in dahdi.conf
to be timing level "0" to provide clock out onto the line.
*******

Check on dahdi status

 From console

# asterisk -vvvr

dahdi show channels

dahdi show status

[/QUOTE]

Using the above guide which I found upon Google search, I found out that
the DAHDI settings in my client's Sangoma PBX appliance were WRONGLY set
to:

Framing/Coding : CCS/HDB3
Signalling: PRI-CPE
SwitchType: National ISDN 2 ()
Sync/Clock Source: 0
Context: from-digital

Using the above guide which I found upon Google search, I CORRECTLY
changed the DAHDI settings in my client's Sangoma PBX appliance to:

these are the DAHDI settings (Freepbx)

Framing/Coding : CCS/HDB3/CRC4
Signalling: PRI-CPE
SwitchType: EuroISDN
Sync/Clock Source: 0
Context: from-pstn

*Others that are not mention , leave it as default

After applying the above settings and restarting DAHDI and Asterisk, I
have basically solved my client's problem and brought up their phone
line. I did not even touch the configuration files as mentioned above.
Everything I have done was configured through the FreePBX GUI. I was so
happy to have solved my client's problem and brought up their phone line
by the time I left their office.

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming, 42 years old as of 2nd Feb 2021
Tuesday, is a TARGETED INDIVIDUAL living in Singapore. He is an IT
Consultant with a System Integrator (SI)/computer firm in Singapore. He
is an IT consultant.

--
-----BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Targeted Individual Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's
Academic
Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019 and refugee seeking attempts at the
United Nations Refugee Agency Bangkok (21 Mar 2017), in Taiwan (5 Aug
2019) and Australia (25 Dec 2019 to 9 Jan 2020):

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming

-----END EMAIL SIGNATURE-----