[asterisk-users] Called number changed on SNOM 821

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Fri Dec 31 07:39:09 CST 2021

On Friday 31 December 2021 at 12:29:19, Luca Bertoncello wrote:

> Am 28.12.2021 um 21:21 schrieb Antony Stone:
>
> Hi
>
> > However, at least you've got as far as ruling out Telekom as being the
> > source of the problem, which I think is good.
>
> So, I setted:
>
> 	sendrpid=rpid
>
> instead of:
>
> 	sendrpid=pai
>
> and now it seems to work. The called number does not change anymore.

Glad you found a solution to this.

> Last very strange problem is, that the list of missed calls on the phone
> is always empty...

Check the SIP notifications which are being sent to the telephone for these
calls, and whether any of them contain a "Reason" code for "Answered
elsewhere".

See https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc3326#section-2 - the first example
at the top of page 3 shows the sort of thing I mean.

This "answered elsewhere" code is usually used when telephones are in a ring
group or agents subscribed to a queue, and nobody wants to know about the
calls which someone else answered, even if their telephone rang, so the phone
sees this code and eliminates the call from its history.

Antony.

--
Pavlov is in the pub enjoying a pint.
The barman rings for last orders, and Pavlov jumps up exclaiming "Damn!  I

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.