[asterisk-users] Called number changed on SNOM 821

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Tue Dec 28 10:35:46 CST 2021

On Tuesday 28 December 2021 at 17:28:47, Luca Bertoncello wrote:

> Am 28.12.2021 um 17:22 schrieb Antony Stone:
>
> Hi Antony
>
> > I mean the response from the called telephone in reply to the INVITE,
> > which contains the SIP code "180 Ringing" and may optionally have an
> > RPID header.
>
> OK, I see something strange...
>
> Here what I see if I call my mobile phone (then the number "changes"):

> and here what I see if I call another mobile phone (then the number does
> NOT change):

> So, I see, there is a "P-Asserted-Identity"... But I can't understand
> why...
>
> Any idea?

Where exactly were those packets captured?

On the connection from the called telephone sending the reponse in to
Asterisk?

Or on the connection from Asterisk sending the response out to the calling
telephone?

(It looks like the latter to me.)

It may well be a good idea to do both and compare, to see whether Asterisk is
actually adding the header.

Antony.

--
3 logicians walk into a bar. The bartender asks "Do you all want a drink?"
The first logician says "I don't know."

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.