[asterisk-users] PJSIP to Twilio over TLS - wildcard cert problem

Andreas Wehrmann a.wehrmann at yandex.com
Thu Dec 2 01:52:11 CST 2021

On 02.12.21 01:21, Kingsley Tart wrote:
> No I haven't, but if I did I suspect they would take no notice. Twilio
> is a big provider who do what they do because they can.
>
> And I can see why they do this, because customers can set up their own
> SIP trunks on their system with their unique hostname, so it makes
> sense for them to have a wildcard cert, whether in violation of the RFC
> or not.

Hey there,

I wanted to chime in on this because I encountered this exact problem in
my own app.
Deutsche Telekom in Germany also uses wildcard certificates.
I proposed a patch for PJ, but it got rejected, see the PR here:

https://github.com/pjsip/pjproject/pull/2328

And my patch here:
https://github.com/andreas-wehrmann/pjproject/commit/ef089cb53aa7570f7afda80a6a57f8b5778c86b4

"Advise your SIP provider" - haha, I had a good laugh...

All the best,
Andreas