[asterisk-users] Saying Ordinal Numbers

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Tue Aug 10 06:06:10 CDT 2021

On Tuesday 10 August 2021 at 12:40:39, Dovid Bender wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way in Asterisk to say an ordinal number?

My sounds directory (en_UK) contains files with names such as "first.gsm",
"second.gsm", "ninth.gsm" etc.

You could simply copy these to a subdirectory named "ordinal" into filenames
like "ordinal/1.gsm", "ordinal/2.gsm" etc (the same as you have already under
the "digits" subdirectory), and then use:

Playback(ordinal/${DIGIT})

The main limitation would be whether you want it to go beyond 20th (which is
far as those recordings go for me, except for the decades 30th, 40th...100th).

Antony.

--
"The tofu battle I saw last weekend was quite brutal."

 - Marija Danute Brigita Kuncaitis

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.