[asterisk-users] delete voicemail after email has been sent (with recording attached)

Fourhundred Thecat 400thecat at gmx.ch
Sat Sep 26 03:14:52 CDT 2020

Hello,

I am sending email notification when new voicemail is received, with the
  voicemail message attached.

Therefore, once this email is sent, I don't want to keep the original
voicemail message on the asterisk server, as the user does not need to
call in to listen to the message. Once the email has been sent, the
message should be deleted and counter reset.

At the moment, the the counter keeps increasing:

   new message 3 in mailbox xxxx

How do I reset the counter, and delete message after email has been sent?

thanks,