[asterisk-users] call an IP camera?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Thu Sep 24 11:45:46 CDT 2020

On Thursday 24 September 2020 at 18:28:13, hw wrote:

> On Thu, 2020-09-24 at 16:57 +0200, Antony Stone wrote:
> >
> > I would start with something like
> > https://www.voip-info.org/asterisk-config-musiconholdconf/
> > https://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+musiconhold.conf
> > (or any more up to date documentation if you can find it).
> >
> > I've never tried that with video, but given how the media negotiation
> > between Asterisk and SIP devices is handled, I would expect it to work
> > given compatible codecs.
>
> Unfortunately, musiconhold.conf doesn't understand rtsp:

> [test]
> mode=playlist
> entry=rtsp://10.10.30.20/12

Have a look at https://www.voip-info.org/asterisk-config-musiconholdconf/ and
the section headings "Stream radio using MPlayer for MOH" and "Example using
asx (mms://)(.wmv) streams. (or “anything” that mplayer can play)."

Those look promising to me.

Antony.

--
"The future is already here.   It's just not evenly distributed yet."

 - William Gibson

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.