[asterisk-users] Doc for PJSIP ICE support ?

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Tue Oct 27 13:28:45 CDT 2020

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 3:25 PM Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Joshua for replying !
>
> What would you advise :
> - leaving STUN address empty, in rtp.conf, as "STUN is not required for
> ICE"
> - configure it with one public STUN (I'm using stun.voip.ovh.net for this
> but I don't know how this server really works)

That depends on your specific deployment. If the system that Asterisk is on
has a public IP address bound, then a STUN server serves no purpose for
Asterisk. If it has port forwarding then you can also configure in rtp.conf
to place your public IP address as an ICE candidate as well, which removes
the need for a STUN server again.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead