[asterisk-users] Doc for PJSIP ICE support ?

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Tue Oct 27 03:52:45 CDT 2020

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 5:35 AM Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Where can I find doc about PJSIP's ice_support parameter ?
>
> Do you need to configure things elsewhere in Asterisk config files
> (rtp.conf, PJSIP transport sections, ...) to make ICE work properly ?

It needs to also be enabled in rtp.conf.

> I'm asking because, if I'm not mistaken, STUN requires setting a STUN
> server so I think ICE most probably, should also require settings some
> public resources.

STUN is not required for ICE, but can be  used to identify another possible
ICE candidate. The implementation itself is the same as chan_sip, so you
would need to also configure a STUN server in rtp.conf if you want to use
STUN with ICE.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead