[asterisk-users] Changing the contact header

Dovid Bender dovid at telecurve.com
Wed Nov 25 04:58:29 CST 2020

Hi,

Is anyone aware of any way of changing the contact header on a call? We are
sending 911 calls to a provider and they require that the contact be the
call back number. I tried:
Set(PJSIP_HEADER(update,contact)=<sip:foobar at 1.1.1.1:5090>)

But the came back with:
No headers had been previously added to this session.

If I try to do:
Set(PJSIP_HEADER(add,contact)=<sip:foobar at 1.1.1.1:5090>)
Then Asterisk just adds a second contact header but does not replace the
original (I also suspect adding a contact breaks the RFC?)

Is anyone aware of a way to modify the contact header?

TIA.

Dovid