[asterisk-users] Is anyone using autohints=yes with Queue hints and PJSIP?

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 15:49:30 CST 2020

Hello,

I'm working on converting my 18.0.1 test system from SIP to PJSIP and I've
run into something odd.

I have a queue defined named acme-test that has two agents in it,
PJSIP/7001acme and PJSIP/7002acme.

I have autohints=yes in my acme-intern context, I have not defined hints
for either of the extensions I'm subscribed to: PAUSE_acme-test_7001 and
acme-test_avail

My phone is subscribed to both extensions, I'm changing the port number
used by the phone to register to swap between chan_sip and chan_pjsip.

If I use chan_sip the subscription for both of these extensions work, if I
switch to chan_pjsip I get the below errors and neither extension shows
it's BLF status on the phone.

[Nov 19 14:38:01] NOTICE[17172]: res_pjsip_exten_state.c:418 new_subscribe:
Endpoint '7001acme' state subscription failed: Extension
'PAUSE_acme-test_7001' does not exist in context 'acme-intern' or has no
associated hint
[Nov 19 14:38:01] NOTICE[17172]: res_pjsip_exten_state.c:418 new_subscribe:
Endpoint '7001acme' state subscription failed: Extension 'acme-test_avail'
does not exist in context 'acme-intern' or has no associated hint

I know there's a lot of stuff in play here, but I'm not sure if it's a
problem with autohints=yes or the queue's hints themselves.

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein