[asterisk-users] CLI color prompt

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Sun May 31 11:39:41 CDT 2020

Hello Fourhundred,

Sunday, May 31, 2020, 9:04:10 AM, you wrote:

Fourhundred> Did you test it on your side?

Fourhundred> It color prompt works for anybody, could you please post a working example?

Fourhundred> Or is this a fictional functionality that actually does not work ?

I typed this at the terminal prompt:  export ASTERISK_PROMPT="%C31[%H]: "

Typing at the same place:  echo $TERM  returns xterm

And now I have colored prompts at the Asterisk command line, so I can
assure you it can work. Kind of cool, 14 years using Asterisk and
because of your question, I now have colored prompts.

Do I have to do something to make sure that ASTERISK_PROMPT lives
through a reboot?

-- Ira