[asterisk-users] CLI color prompt

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Sun May 31 09:24:01 CDT 2020

On Sunday 31 May 2020 at 16:03:07, Fourhundred Thecat wrote:

> export ASTERISK_PROMPT="%C31[%H]: "
>
> I get this prompt (voip is my hostname):
>
> [1;31m[voip]: [1;0m

In that case I suspect you're using a terminal which doesn't support colours.

If "echo $TERM" tells you any sort of "xterm", "vt100", "crt" or "dumb" then
you won't get colour.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Late in 1972 President Richard Nixon announced that the rate of increase of
inflation was decreasing.   This was the first time a sitting president used a

 - Hugo Rossi, Notices of the American Mathematical Society

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.