[asterisk-users] CLI color prompt

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Sun May 31 08:59:59 CDT 2020

On Sunday 31 May 2020 at 15:44:46, Fourhundred Thecat wrote:

> Hello,
>
> how can I change the color of the asterisk prompt to red ?
>
> I read in the wiki that I can use %Cn[;n]
>
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+CLI+Configuration

"The CLI prompt is set with the ASTERISK_PROMPT UNIX environment variable that
you set from the Unix shell before starting Asterisk."

> I currently have this in my environment:
>
> export ASTERISK_PROMPT="[%H]: "
>
> which changes the prompt to hostname
>
> Ho can I make this prompt red ?

"%Cn[;n] - Change terminal foreground (and optional background) color to
specified A full list of colors may be found in include/asterisk/term.h"

So, try:

export ASTERISK_PROMPT="%C31[%H]: "

(I got 31 from reading the term.h file.)

Regards,

Antony.

--
"It would appear we have reached the limits of what it is possible to achieve
with computer technology, although one should be careful with such statements;

 - John von Neumann (1949)

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.