[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Prometheus

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 03:49:58 CDT 2020

Hello,

I've seen that Asterisk 17 supports Prometheus but beside [1], I've not
much about how to use this.

Can someone shed some light on this ?

1. If I'm not mistaken, Prometheus favors "a pull model over HTTP".
So basically, a Prometheus instance should be able to query Asterisk "core
metrics", right ?

2. Is there an exhaustive list of those "core metrics" ?
Does channel stats (core show channels, group show channels, ...) belongs
to these "core metrics" ?

3. Did I miss any Dialplan function or app that uses or works with
Prometheus (I couldn't one) ?

[1]
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+17+Configuration_res_prometheus

Best regards