[asterisk-users] rotatestrategy = none not working

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed May 20 01:36:51 CDT 2020

On Wed, 20 May 2020, David Cunningham wrote:

> We have an Asterisk 11.3 server where we want log rotation handled
> purely by Linux's logrotate, and not by Asterisk. To this end we've
> configured the [general] action of /etc/asterisk/logger.conf with:
>
> rotatestrategy = none
>
> However, an "asterisk -rx 'logger reload'" still rotates the log files.
> Does anyone know why?

I had to hunt, but I found an 11.17.1 system :)

'none' does not rotate a log file on this host. Here's my logger.conf:

; Created by makefile on 2020-05-19 at 23:05:08
; from /source/src/obl-server/logger.conf.pre

[general]
         rotatestrategy                  = none

[logfiles]
         /tmp/ast-log-test               = debug,dtmf,error,event,notice,verbose,warning

; (end of /etc/asterisk/obl/logger.conf)

--
Thanks in advance,