[asterisk-users] No CID between Asterisk using IAX trunk

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomab.mx
Mon Mar 2 11:49:24 CST 2020

     I am trying to troubleshoot two Asterisk servers that have an IAX2
trunk between them.  Calls come and go but there is no CallerID from the
remote server either way.  One of the servers is running Asterisk 16 and
the other is an older 1.8 install (I know, I am trying to get permission
to update).  The trunk between servers is very simple.  Something like:

Server 1 (Mexico)

[panama]
type=peer
context=oficina
trunk=yes
disallow=all
allow=g729
qualify=yes
requirecalltoken=no
host=10.X.X.141
language=es
callerid=asreceived

Server 2 (Panama)

[mexico]
type=peer
context=oficina
trunk=yes
disallow=all
allow=g729
qualify=yes
requirecalltoken=no
host=10.Y.Y.5
language=es
callerid=asreceived

So from Panama to Mexico we use:

exten => _1XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/mexico/${EXTEN})

Call comes in and is answered but there is no CID in CDR or in the phone
display.  Other trunks to other servers have no problem sending CID from
one server to the other (all using IAX).  Any pointers?

Carlos Chávez
+52 (55)8116-9161