[asterisk-users] Voice broken during calls (again...)

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Tue Jun 23 09:29:43 CDT 2020

Am 23.06.2020 16:22, schrieb Marek Greško:
> It seems your problems lie in something other. Most probably it is not
> mtu problem. All my suspections are contradicted. If it is true you
> have inter vlan voice quality problems, it is definitely something
> different. Formerly I assumed you were trying only LTE vs LAN using
> internet.

I'm not sure what you mean with the last sentence...
I tried to connect to my Asterisk via LAN or via DSL (either via LTE or
other DSL).
Then I noticed that if I call another peer in same network (= both peers
via DSL or both peers in the same VLAN), the quality is very good,
otherwise is very poor.

But why should Asterisk have problem if the peers are in different
networks it's for me a really big mistery...

This evening I'll try to capture the pakets in a call between two peers
connected to Asterisk via LTE, two peers connected in the same LAN and a
peer connected via LTE and the other in LAN, then maybe it's possible to
find the problem...

But if you have any other idea, I'm very happy to hear it! ;)

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)