[asterisk-users] Voice broken during calls (again...)

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Tue Jun 23 01:43:18 CDT 2020

Am 22.06.2020 20:09, schrieb Luca Bertoncello:

A couple of other ideas...

> Conclusion (maybe!): it can *not* be a problem in the DSL connection
> and
> *maybe* it is not a problem in the communication with the Server of
> Deutsche Telekom, since I have many problems to communicate between two
> peers in local Asterisk if one is over LTE and the other in local LAN
> (but curiously *not* if both peers are in local LAN or both via LTE).

I think, the problem with bad quality and broken voice just happens if
the peers are in different LANs, since if I call my wife's phone (VLAN
"phone") using my mobile phone via SIP (in VLAN "intlan") the quality is
bad, but if I call her using my phone in VLAN "phone" or if both peers
use SIP via LTE the quality is very good...

Could you suggest me something to restrict the problem?
Currently, I think the problem can be:

1) on Asterisk
2) on my Gateway/Firewall

At home I have many VLANs, that normally *not* communicate together
(some exceptions are of course implemented). The phones don't reach the
Internet via NAT (VLAN "phone" has no routing in Internet).
The mobile phones are in VLAN "intlan", with routing in Internet.

Any idea?

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)