[asterisk-users] Voice "broken" during calls

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Sun Jun 14 09:38:19 CDT 2020

Am 13.06.2020 um 22:56 schrieb Antony Stone:

Hi again,

> 2b. Take your Thomson telephone to some other location with Internet access,
> let it register to your home Asterisk server, and them make a call to the same
> number yet again.  I'm sure you can get the Thomson to connect to Asterisk via
> some external network, since you say you can do this from your Android phone.
> Again, check the call quality.

I tried it on the network of a friend.
Not possible to establish a connection at all...
I *suppose* Deutsche Telekom just allow a logon on their servers from
the IP of the user, who tries to log on (with other words: my VoIP login
can just log on from my current IP)...

This would explain why I didn't got my mobile phone connecting to the
Telekom's server and establish a call...

I also tried to stop Asterisk and all other network services on my
Linux-Box Firewall/Gateway, including the traffic shaper (in the case,
this was the problem), then connect my Thomson phone to the Telekom's
server and call my father in law.
Always the same problem...

So, tomorrow I'll get another VoIP phone from a colleque (Elmeg IP 290).
I'll connect it to my network and my Asterisk and will try to call my
father in law for a test.

I really do *not* expect any change in the situation... I think, the
problem should be somewhere by Deutsche Telekom...

What is your opinion?

Btw: I did all tests with my father in law, since he had time for me
today, but the problem exists an almost all calls, incoming or outgoing,
no matter from/to which network provider...

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)