[asterisk-users] CDR mysql: timeout when remote database unavailable

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Wed Jun 10 09:49:31 CDT 2020

On Wednesday 10 June 2020 at 16:33:53, Doug Lytle wrote:

> I just tested this, I'm using cdr_odbc, by shutting down mysql and I did
> not experience the call being dropped.

That sounds different to me.

The OP is asking about a call which starts at a time when MySQL is not
available.

It sounds as though you made a call, then terminated MySQL, and the call did
not terminate.

> The console logged the mysql failure, but the call continued.
>
> You may want to consider moving to cdr_odbc instead.

I certainly agree with that suggestion / recommendation.

Antony.

--
"Black holes are where God divided by zero."

 - Steven Wright

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.