[asterisk-users] cdr_mysql: Cannot connect to database server - SSL error: SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths failed

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Mon Jun 8 05:25:45 CDT 2020

On Monday 08 June 2020 at 12:15:56, Markus wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> I'm getting this error frequently:
>
> ERROR[25193][C-0004f387]: cdr_mysql.c:203 mysql_log: Cannot connect to
> database server localhost: (2026) SSL connection error:
> SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths failed

Hmmm... talking to localhost over SSL... seems a bit computationally wasteful.

> Right now, as a workaround, I reload Asterisk via cron once an hour, and
> after the reload everything is fine again _for a while_. Still, over the
> course of a month I lose about 12% of my CDRs this way. I guess I could
> reload more often but would prefer a real fix, not a workaround. Anyone
> got an idea?

> Database is a Galera cluster: galera-3-25.3.19-2.el7.x86_64

Use the ODBC connector and talk to MariaDB over a Unix socket instead of TCP:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+Asterisk+Connected+to+MySQL+via+ODBC

Antony.

--
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."

 - Ken Olsen, President of Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC, later consumed
by Compaq, later merged with HP)

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.