[asterisk-users] Attempting to get BLF working with linphone

John Hughes john at calva.com
Fri Jun 5 06:33:27 CDT 2020

On 26/05/2020 15:33, Olivier wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> 1. Could you get any further, in your quest for working BLF with
> linphone ?

The patches to get linphone-3.12 BLF working with Asterisk are here:

http://perso.calvaedi.com/~john/linphone-3/

They're pretty damnned trivial:

1. add the "Accept" header to the SUBSCRIBE message so asterisk doesn't
reject it.

2. don't trash the SIP dialog if the SUBSCRIBE refresh is rejected
because of a stale nonce.

3. If asterisk says the user is on the phone set the status to on the phone.

All except the 3rd one are compatible with linphone-4. Implementing the
same feature with linphone-4 is left as an exercise for the reader.

> 2. Have you tried with a different Linphone version (4.12 is pending
> on Linux, packaged as an AppImage, or 4.11 exists on iOS/Android/Win10) ?

Version 4 of linphone is, frankly, rubbish.  I have managed to hack it
to the point where presence shows green for connected contact and grey
for disconnected.  However this requires setting the "send subscribe"
flag in the linphone contacts db and linphone 4 has no UI for setting
this flag, you have to do it using sqlite3 directly (or setting up your
contacts in linphone 3).