[asterisk-users] CLI color prompt

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Mon Jun 1 03:07:24 CDT 2020

On 31.05.20 at 19:26 Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had posted this a few hours ago, but got caught in moderation for size.  I trimmed down the pic and attached.
>
> I am on an Ubuntu 16 workstation, in an Ubuntu terminal window, ssh'ed to the PBX (amazon instance).  You can see my term type matches yours.

Same problem here (asterisk 16.x / CentOS 7).
# echo $TERM
xterm-256color

=> CLI prompt looks the same as described by the OP:
[1;31m[myhostname]:

But to make it even more strange: colored output on the asterisk CLI works pretty fine for DEBUG output like
core set debug 5

Maybe some link time functionality not enabled? Don't know ... . Or some other additional asterisk switch needed?

Thanks
Regards
Michael