[asterisk-users] Stir Shaken

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at stratustalk.com
Mon Jul 13 14:59:40 CDT 2020

On 7/13/20 2:32 PM, Saint Michael wrote:

>     There is a big confusion here about Stir Shaken. It is NOT a
>     provider issue. Un fact, all providers are whasing their hands and
>     modifying their swihtches to pass-through the Signature. They
>     cannot sign the call because then the become the responsible party
>     for the call before the FCC, and liable for any illegal call.

I think this, being the basis of your whole argument, is the fallacy.
S/S is forcing people to take responsibility, for sure, but carriers
won't just let their customers leave because they don't want to sign
calls.  It will force them to make sure they know who their customers
are, and make it impossible for those customers to escape consequences
if they misbehave.

We supply dialtone to a large number of businesses.  We buy DIDs from
carriers and resell them.  It *may* be up to us to get our direct
customers' calls signed, but at the moment we are in talks with our DID
providers to do so on our behalf.  In the next year I have no doubt if
there are niches to be filled in providing CA or outright
signing-as-a-service, businesses will be jumping out of the woodwork to
provide it.  I'm not panicking yet.

>   I am the only game in the world for Stir-Shaken and Asterisk. I know
> it sounds arrogant but it is literally true. If you need to sign your
> calls to get through, with Asterisk, you need to connect to my
> service. I am an approved Service Provider from the FCC. If you keep
> thinking this is not happening, it is, and your business will
> disappear overnight.

Its not just arrogant, its silly, and you have a serious branding
problem.  If you really have "The Answer" you should work on getting
yourself a domain name at least.  Cease the panic-inducing posts and
come up with some reasonable fodder you could link to in your signature
or something (like when you help with some thread), so you would at
least contribute to the list at the same time.

Some of us may actually be interested in what you have to offer if you
changed the way you were presenting it.  Who is going to base their
business on some list guy with a gmail address?

--
Jeff LaCoursiere
StratusTalk, Inc.