[asterisk-users] Redis in place of astdb

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Thu Jul 9 03:37:52 CDT 2020

On Thursday 09 July 2020 at 00:50:28, Jon Bonilla (Manwe) wrote:

> DO you know odbc redis drivers? It would be nice to store cdrs ans other
> stuff in redis without patching asterisk

A quick Google search turns up
https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/redis-odbc-python-linux.rst
which I have no experience of and cannot comment on, but looks like what you
need.

PS: I question the wisdom of storing CDRs in Redis - I think an RDBMS is the
correct tool for *that* job.  I agree that Redis may be useful in other areas,
though.

Antony.

--
All matter in the Universe can be placed into one of two categories:

1. Things which need to be fixed.
2. Things which need to be fixed once you've had a few minutes to play with
them.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.