[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13.18.3 PJSIP. Wrong Port in Contact Header in Reply to REGISTER?

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Fri Jan 10 10:24:13 CST 2020

Hi List

I have been pondering over a problem to use an asterisk server behind
an SBC unable to successfully handle registrations.

Now I observed something strange which I suspect might be a bug on the
asterisk side.

The SBC originates is register from Port 6011 to Port 5060 on the
Asterisk.

The Contact Header of the REGISTER contains:

Contact: user at SBC-IP:6011

The Asterisk is sending the 200 OK to back from it's port 5060 to
SBC-IP:6011 nothing wrong with it. But when I looked at the Contact
Header, which indicates a successful 'binding' I see:

Contact: user at ASTERISK-IP:6011

It looks like the SBC discards this Contact header as invalid and
returning the 200 OK without contact to the registering client,
indicating an unsuccessful registration.

All other clients I have tried registering directly to asterisk seem to
ignore this port and just accept the 200OK. Only our SBC causes this
problem.

I have attempted rewrite_contact yes and no, both with the same result.

So from my point of view, Asterisk is putting the 'remote' port instead
of it's own SIP port into the Contact Header.

Can anyone confirm this is misbehavior be pjsip? Could this be a known
bug? A quick google search did not return any hits.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden