[asterisk-users] Improve Wiki's "WebRTC config" page

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 04:42:23 CST 2020

Hello,

Reading [1], I would be happy to discuss here, the changes bellow.

1. In "Create certificate" section, instead of 'ls -w 1
/etc/asterisk/keys', could a 'ls -l /etc/asterisk/keys' be used ?
This would help to check file permissions.
If possible, having those file permissions shown when Asterisk is run as
asterisk:asterisk would be very helpful.

2. Instead of a generic
tlscertfile=<your_cert_file>
tlsprivatekey=<your_key_file>

could a specific writing be preferred
tlscertfile=/etc/asterisk/keys/asterisk.crt
tlsprivatekey=/etc/asterisk/keys/asterisk.key

This would be consistent with the "We'll use the asterisk.crt, asterisk.key
and ca.crt" text, a couple of lines above.

3. If I'm not mistaken, http.conf file refers to two different files. How
exactly can asterisk.crt, asterisk.key and ca.crt be "later used" ?
Should the  "We'll use the asterisk.crt, asterisk.key and ca.crt ..." be
rephrased ?

[1]
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Configuring+Asterisk+for+WebRTC+Clients

Thoughts ?