[asterisk-users] Question on pjsip.conf and aors

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Fri Feb 14 13:33:15 CST 2020

From: asterisk-users <asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com> On Behalf Of Joshua C. Colp
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 1:09 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Question on pjsip.conf and aors

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:04 PM Dan Cropp <dan at amtelco.com<mailto:dan at amtelco.com>> wrote:

accountcode = 3
dtmf_mode = rfc4733
device_state_busy_at = 2
force_rport = no
moh_passthrough = yes
disallow = all
allow = ulaw
acl = acl1

When a register attempt is received, asterisk outputs…
[02/14 12:53:29.870] WARNING[7883] res_pjsip_registrar.c: AOR '1004' not found for endpoint '1004'

If I change the aor3 to be 1004, everything works.  As in [aor3] becomes [1004] and in the endpoint change aors = aor3 to be aors = 1004
Is there a setting I’m missing to allow the endpoint named 1004 to use an auth that doesn’t have the same 1004 name?

There isn't a configuration option. AOR is a SIP concept, and in fact when you send a REGISTER you state which AOR you are registering to. Your REGISTER is therefore saying "add me to AOR 1004". Since it's not saying "add me to aor3" it doesn't work. Some devices allow you to specify while others just assume that everything uses your username.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead