[asterisk-users] I found an excellent guide: Configure Asterisk VoIP IP PBX SIP Server with Cisco IP Phones

John Novack jnovack at comcast.net
Fri Dec 18 09:31:13 CST 2020

The 7940 has 2 line buttons, the 7960 has 6 buttons

There are other versions similar, including the 7970 with a color screen

Not really sure you will have access to the SIP firmware without some relationship with Cisco.

Better check before poring money down a rat hole!

Also, you will need a TFTP server working on your Asterisk box

Good luck

JN

--
Dog is my Co-Pilot