[asterisk-users] Asterisk registrations - state?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Tue Dec 15 15:19:28 CST 2020

On Monday 14 December 2020 at 13:31:54, Joshua C. Colp wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 1:07 PM Antony Stone wrote:
> >
> > I'm using Asterisk 16.2.1 with some registrations (ie: my Asterisk server
> > is registering to other PBXs as though it were a telephone).
> >
> > Is there any way I can get presence / state information from those PBXs
> > in the same way that a registered telephone can?

> There is no functionality present to have Asterisk SUBSCRIBE to upstream
> servers, receive updates, and locally use them.

Hm, thanks for the clarification, this confirms what I suspected.

Can anyone suggest an alternative application I could sensibly use alongside
Asterisk in a production environment to achieve this (I'm specifically looking
for a way to maintain presence information for a Busy Lamp Field, and to get
notifications about Voicemail events).

I'm aware of both SIPp https://github.com/SIPp/sipp and SipSak
https://github.com/nils-ohlmeier/sipsak, however these are (to me at least)
testing scenario tools designed for "short term" use to place and receive
calls, rather than maintaining long-term subscriptions to SIP accounts,
waiting for notifications of events, so I'm somewhat wary about considering
them for use in a production environment (by which I mean I'm looking for
something which can subscribe to a few tens of SIP accounts (across several
servers) and get the event notifications for those accounts, over a period of
days and weeks, and pass them to my display application in almost any
reasonable form).

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
I conclude that there are two ways of constructing a software design: One way
is to make it so simple that there are _obviously_ no deficiencies, and the

 - C A R Hoare

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.