[asterisk-users] upgrade asterisk 11 to 13 or 11-16

Eric Wieling ewieling at nyigc.com
Mon Dec 7 12:50:36 CST 2020

Read UPGRADE.TXT in v13 and v16.  Then read it again.

I upgraded from Asterisk v11 to Asterisk v13.  Once all issues were
resolved, then I switched to PJSIP.   Once all the issues with PJSIP
were resolved, then I upgraded from v13 to Asterisk v16.   This was done
over the course of about a year, but I was not in any hurry.

PJSIP configuration is fundamentally different chan_sip configuration.
I don't recommend switching to PJSIP and upgrade Asterisk at the same
time.

--
http://help.nyigc.net/