[asterisk-users] Channels freeze on Confbridge

Sebastian Nielsen sebastian at sebbe.eu
Sat Aug 22 15:51:48 CDT 2020

I had a similiar problem, but with calls dropping after 30 sec.
It turned out that Android didn't support RP-CID (Reverse Party Caller ID) so when I sent the name of the callee to the caller (as some sort of "centralized phonebook function") it caused calls to be dropped as android refused to reply on the packets or sent rejections back.

Check if you have some equipment on the line which doesn't support a specific function, and configure the equipment to use a separate SIP account with these features turned off.

I first tought it would just ignore unsupported features, but it turned out it outright rejects packets with unsupported features.

Best regards, Sebastian Nielsen