[asterisk-users] Asterisk compile in VM move to actual hardware get illegal instruction

Jerry Geis jerry.geis at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 07:35:47 CDT 2020

HI All

I have a need to create a VM - install asterisk from source - then move the
VM to a physical box.
When I do this - I get illegal instruction when starting asterisk.
So I recompile on the physical box and then everything is fine. Problem is
there are a number of these physical boxes.

The VM is Intel box (host) and the physical box is a celeron. So
something is not right there.
What would be a good ./configure option that asterisk can compile with on
the VM image so this illegal instruction does on occur ?

Thanks,

Jerry