[asterisk-users] asterisk 13.33 and polycom

Jerry Geis jerry.geis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 07:09:09 CDT 2020

I am using asterisk 13.33.0 and POlycom phone with the latest firmware.

The polycom phone is behind a firewall, the server is in the cloud.
If the polycom has just booted - it receives a call, after some time
(couple minutes) it no longer receives a ring. I see no errors in the CLI -
looks just like the previous call as far as I can tell.

Then reboot the phone and as soon as its ready call it and it rings just
liek before. then some time later no longer rings.

   -- Executing [something at smvoice-dialout:4] Dial("SIP/1005-000000ab",
"SIP/526,30000,tT") in new stack
  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
    -- Called SIP/526
    -- SIP/526-000000ac is ringing

526 is the extension in question. (my definition follows):
[526]
type=friend
defaultname=526
defaultuser=526
secret=XXXXXXXXX
dtmfmode=RFC2833
host=dynamic
description=Polycom
context=sip
qualify=yes
rtptimeout=60
rtpholdtimeout=60
rtpkeepalive=60
callerid="Polycom "
qualify=no
canreinvite=yes
timezone=1
nat=force_rport,comedia
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm

Thoughts on what is happening here or what to try?

Jerry