[asterisk-users] Troubleshooting load issues

Dovid Bender dovid at telecurve.com
Wed Apr 22 13:01:19 CDT 2020

Hi,

I have an Asterisk box which has an IVR that plays random gsm files. The
box has SSD's and two CPU E5-2695 v2 cpus with 64GB ram. The Asterisk CPU
usage along with the load seems to jump around. With about 500 callers it
hovers between 250-400% CPU (so 2.5 to 4 cores) which seems reasonable.
Every so often the load average spikes. The idle never drops below 85%.
When the load average spikes I see a lot of kworker threads and the CPU
usage tends to (not not always) go up as well. How would I go about seeing
what in Asterisk is causing the spike? The box is locked down and only
takes calls from an OpenSiPS box. There is nothing else running on the box.

TIA.

Dovid