[asterisk-users] how to make a bug report

hw hw at gc-24.de
Sat Apr 18 20:14:04 CDT 2020

On Saturday, April 18, 2020 5:42:11 PM CEST Joshua C. Colp wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 8:47 AM hw <hw at gc-24.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > how do I make a bug report?  I filled in the form to make a report and
> > https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/issues/?filter=-2 still shows no issues
> > reported by me.
>
> If successful then JIRA will redirect you to the newly created issue.

It didn't, the form disappeared and nothing further happened.  So I have to
assume it doesn't work.

> > If someone knows how to get asterisk to re-register when using pjsip after
> > the
> > registration shows as Rejected, like after the internet connection to the
> > VOIP
> > provider goes away (and comes back), please let me know.  This bug makes
> > pjsip
> > makes basically unusable :(
>
> There are various options in the outbound registration that controls
> behavior. I'd suggest providing your actual configuration.

I have put the options that should make asterisk re-register in
pjsip_wizard.conf as much as I could find them like this:

[easybell_HW]
type = wizard
sends_auth = yes
sends_registrations = yes
max_retries = 0
auth_rejection_permanent = no
forbidden_retry_interval = 200
transport = transport-tls
endpoint/cos_audio = 5
endpoint/cos_video = 4
remote_hosts = secure.sip.easybell.de:5061
aor/qualify_frequency = 30
outbound_auth/username = ...
outbound_auth/password = ...
endpoint/allow = !all,g722,alaw,ulaw
endpoint/context = ingressEasybell
endpoint/media_encryption = sdes
registration/contact_user = extenHW

In pjsip.conf is only the transport:

[transport-tls]
type=transport
protocol=tls
bind=192.168.3.50:5061
ca_list_file=/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
cert_file=/etc/asterisk/cert/newc/mycert.pem
priv_key_file=/etc/asterisk/cert/newc/mykey.pem

After I finally found out that 'pjsip send register *all' should re-register,
I tried it while it was still registered, and it said "Re-register all queue".
After that, it kept saying that all the registrations are now "Unregistered".
Neither 'pjsip send unregister *all', nor 'pjsip send register *all' have any
effect other than giving the message "Unregister all queued" or "Re-register
all queue".  I had to restart asterisk again to get it to register again.

On a side note, asterisk doesn't apply any QoS markers, either ...