[asterisk-users] How does verbosity work?

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Mon Sep 16 09:43:31 CDT 2019

I'm trying to track down a CPU spike we are seeing in a system.

We have tracked down the spike to a single CPU and TID using that CPU.  Indications are that it's asterisk running this TID.

I'm trying to figure out what asterisk is doing on this thread around that time, but haven't been able to match the tid to anything I'm seeing in asterisk debugging.
Is there a good way to diagnose what asterisk is doing for each thread id?

We enabled the debugging in the logger.conf.  Is there a verbose level that would be recommended to track the threading?
Also, does the verbose help if it may be confbridge related?