[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13 on Microsoft Azure Centos 7 instance cannot encode gsm via MixMonitor

Stefan Viljoen viljoens at verishare.co.za
Fri Sep 13 06:57:31 CDT 2019

Hi Patrick

Wow ok thanks. I was not aware of this.

As far as I can determine the Azure VM we're using was set up on the "stock" Centos 7 option Azure offers. So you're correct, it then won't be an official Centos 7 image.

The one we are running on our bare-metal hosts IS installed from an official Centos 7 ISO burned to DVD... then yum updated fully once the base install is done.

This changes things a bit. THANKS!

I'll try and investigate further. Still wonder what the "RogueWave" or "OpenLogic" repos then have different that -only- GSM encoding doesn't work in Ast 13.22.0.

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards,