[asterisk-users] Polycom BLF Question

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomab.mx
Sun Sep 8 17:43:17 CDT 2019

     This is done via the custom extension state or hints. Basically you
create a custom hint for 444 and monitor that on your phone like any
other extension.  You then enable or disable the hint in the same
dialplan for 444 and 555.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Extension+State+and+Hints

http://www.asteriskdocs.org/en/3rd_Edition/asterisk-book-html-chunk/usingCustomDeviceStates.html

On 9/8/2019 4:32 PM, Alexander Perkins wrote:
> Hi All. I have an interesting scenario. We use the Polycom VXX phones
> and have an auto-attendant on our Asterisk system. The receptionist
> can turn the auto-attendant off and on as she would like (she dials
> 444 to enable and 555 to disable). However, I’d like to have one of
> the BLFs on her Polycom light up if the auto-attendant is enabled and
> off if it is disabled.
>
> Any suggestions on how I can have the one of the Polycom BLFs stay on
> if the auto-attendant is enabled?
>
> Any help is appreciated
>
> Thanks,
> Alex