[asterisk-users] email notification on missed call

Fourhundred Thecat 400thecat at gmx.ch
Tue Oct 29 23:10:50 CDT 2019

Hello,

what is the best way to implement email notification on missed call ?

So far, I have been using a solution that I hacked together. I create a
hangup-handler, inside which I check for "${DIALSTATUS}" and use System():

  System(/bin/echo ... | /usr/bin/mail ....)

I have pasted the block here, for better formating:

  https://pastebin.com/Sf8raPD6

My question is:

Do I have to call external echo and pipe it to mail command?

Does asterisk not have some internal function to send email ?
It does so for voicemail.

Is there perhaps a better way to this than described above ?

thanks,