[asterisk-users] issues with Asterisk CLI

Fourhundred Thecat 400thecat at gmx.ch
Thu Oct 24 23:53:28 CDT 2019

On 23/10/2019 12.33, Joshua C. Colp wrote:

>> Does Asterisk use the readline library? Does it use /etc/inputrc ?
>> Can the behavior described above be configured ?
>
> It uses the editline library and all usage of it is within asterisk.c[1]. There is no configuration ability as far as I know, but I'm not that familiar with editline and such.

thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for.

In case anybody else finds the default behavior annoying, here are
couple of rules that make the CLI behavior more friendly:

# cat /etc/editrc

  bind "^W" ed-delete-prev-word
  bind "\e[1;5D" vi-prev-word
  bind "\e[1;5C" vi-next-word

  bind ^[[5~ ed-search-next-history
  bind ^[[6~ ed-search-prev-history

so far, I was not able to find how to bind ctrl+d to exit.