[asterisk-users] Disable NO_USER_RESPONSE (Hangupcause = 18) for certain SIP peer

Sebastian Nielsen sebastian at sebbe.eu
Sat Nov 16 17:58:30 CST 2019

What would be the best way to solve this problem? Anyone else that have got the same problem with Android’s native SIP client, especially on Samsung phones?

I do not know if the bug is in Android native SIP, or Samsung’s build of the SIP client, or if the bug is even with the OpenVPN client, or where the bug actually is.

The ACK might even be sent for real, but have the incorrect source IP so asterisk ignores it.

Since audio works in both directions, it seems that the lack of ACK wouldn’t hurt (other than asterisk forcefully disconnecting the call) so I need to just tell Asterisk to not forcefully disconnect the callee.