[asterisk-users] Is there a way to make asterisk send a INVITE in-dialog to re-establish the audio

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri May 24 09:53:16 CDT 2019

On Fri, May 24, 2019, at 9:47 AM, Dan Cropp wrote:

> We are working with an Avaya switch.
>

> We send them a REFER. If the transfer is successful, everything is
> great. If it fails (busy), they send an INVITE in-dialog with a media
> attribute of inactive. After that, they send a 486 busy.
>
> The problem is Avaya basically put the call on hold so audio is not active.
>
> The Avaya rep is indicating we need to send in dialog invite to get the
> call audio back? They are essentially saying they put the call on hold
> because we told them to transfer and it’s our responsibility to take
> the call off hold.
>

> Is there a way to do this?

I don't think there is. We provide the ability in PJSIP to do a session refresh[1] but there's no ability to set the stream state like that, so I'm not sure what we would specify in that scenario automatically.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+Function_PJSIP_SEND_SESSION_REFRESH

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer