[asterisk-users] Change of H264 profile level problem

David Cunningham dcunningham at voisonics.com
Thu May 9 20:23:12 CDT 2019

Hello,

Can anyone help with an issue regarding the H264 profile level being passed
through Asterisk? We have a video call like this:

Caller A -> Asterisk -> Called B

Caller A's INVITE SDP offers "profile-level-id=42801f", and Called B
replies a 200 OK containing "profile-level-id=42801e" in its SDP.  Note
that this ends with an 'e' rather than an 'f'. The problem is that Asterisk
forwards the 200 OK to Caller A with "profile-level-id=42801f" in the SDP,
so not what Called B sent. Caller A then starts transmitting video in a
resolution that Called B can't handle, and the video is displayed as blank.

My question is, since Asterisk doesn't do video transcoding, why doesn't it
pass though Called B's "profile-level-id=42801e" unchanged? If it did then
Caller A might use a resolution that Called B can handle. We are using
Asterisk 11.25.3.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

--
David Cunningham, Voisonics Limited