[asterisk-users] Paging systems?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Thu Mar 21 16:06:55 CDT 2019

On Thursday 21 March 2019 at 21:59:51, Darryl Moore wrote:

> For a paging system? No you don't. A number of SNOM PA1's and a few
> grandstream phones and you're golden.

Are you suggesting using standard telephones (presumably in auto-answer
speakerphone mode) as paging devices?

Depending on the environment, it can work very well (quiet office) or not at all
(noisy workshop, large factory floor).

> If you do need FXO or FXS, they are just as easy to setup as well, and there
> are lots to choose from.
>
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2019, 4:45 PM Ryan, Travis, <RyanT at oscarwinski.com> wrote:
> > You need more than an ATA. You need something with an FSO and FXO. I’ve
> > used Linksys/SPA3102-3.3.6 and been happy with it.

I'm still intrigued to know how this really was plugged in and how it
operated.

Antony.

--
All generalisations are inaccurate.