[asterisk-users] Experiencing what I think are issues with the confbridge 'video_mode = follow_talker' and also the talk detection

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Wed Mar 13 13:23:53 CDT 2019

Running a test using asterisk 16.1.1 and two PCs with Firefox browsers.  I'm running the cmp2k demo.

I place calls into the same asterisk and using AMI answer the calls and then add them into the same confbridge.
Video mode is configured to follow_talker.  However, the Remote Video displayed to both browsers is always the video of the opposite call.  It's not following whoever talked last.  I have the talk_detection_events enabled and looking at the event it seems asterisk isn't always detecting the talking correctly.

Next question....

If asterisk is reporting channel PJSIP/webrtc_client1-0000000e is talking, shouldn't the confbridge follow_talker setting change this confbridge VideoSource to be the Uniqueid of this channel?

Event: ConfbridgeTalking^M
Privilege: call,all^M
Conference: Bridge2^M
BridgeUniqueid: ea6e7cb6-cc86-413e-885c-b0a25be887ee^M
BridgeType: base^M
BridgeTechnology: softmix^M
BridgeCreator: ConfBridge^M
BridgeName: Bridge2^M
BridgeNumChannels: 3^M
BridgeVideoSourceMode: talker^M
BridgeVideoSource: 1552492132.33^M
Channel: PJSIP/webrtc_client1-0000000e^M
ChannelState: 6^M
ChannelStateDesc: Up^M
CallerIDNum: webrtc_client1^M
CallerIDName: <unknown>^M
ConnectedLineNum: <unknown>^M
ConnectedLineName: <unknown>^M
Language: en^M
AccountCode: 19^M
Context: ABC^M
Exten: 55555^M
Uniqueid: 1552492117.32^M
Linkedid: 1552492117.32^M
TalkingStatus: on^M
Admin: No^M

Last question....

I see times where it seems the talk detection seems to become stuck for a channel.  I see this event happening and the confbridge videosource becomes this channel's uniqueid.  I have not talked into this PC/browser's mic in hours.  Literally went to lunch and it seems stuck in the TalkingStatus: on state.
I have hundreds of ConfbridgeTalking events for the other channel (on and off) over the next several hours, but that channel's TalkingStatus seems stuck.

[03/13 10:49:00.595] DEBUG[49360] manager.c: Examining AMI event:
Event: ConfbridgeTalking^M
Privilege: call,all^M
Conference: OpBridge2^M
BridgeUniqueid: ea6e7cb6-cc86-413e-885c-b0a25be887ee^M
BridgeType: base^M
BridgeTechnology: softmix^M
BridgeCreator: ConfBridge^M
BridgeName: OpBridge2^M
BridgeNumChannels: 2^M
BridgeVideoSourceMode: talker^M
BridgeVideoSource: 1552492132.33^M
Channel: PJSIP/webrtc_client1-0000000f^M
ChannelState: 6^M
ChannelStateDesc: Up^M
CallerIDNum: webrtc_client1^M
CallerIDName: <unknown>^M