[asterisk-users] pjsip: don't require authentication from remote i register to

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Mar 1 13:15:20 CST 2019

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019, at 3:05 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I'm being told by my ITSP that my Asterisk shouldn't be challenging
> their system to authenticate (i.e. a 401 response) when they send me a
> SIP MESSAGE (or I suppose a SIP INVITE for that matter).
>
> But I'm not sure what a pjsip.conf configuration for that looks like.
>
> How does one associate an incoming call/message with an existing
> authenticated outgoing registration so that Asterisk doesn't return a
> 401 requiring authentication?

You either configure IP based matching using an identify section[1] or you can try line functionality on the outbound registration which may or may not work[2] (requires the upstream to adhere to the RFC, which not all do).

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/res_pjsip+Configuration+Examples
[2] https://blogs.asterisk.org/2016/01/27/the-pjsip-outbound-registration-line-option/

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer