[asterisk-users] Looking Asterisk SIP Guru

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Jun 27 09:41:04 CDT 2019

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019, at 11:28 AM, John T. Bittner wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am looking for a consultant that know asterisk in and out including
> how to troubleshoot sip and rtp.
>
> I have a device that this acting very strange and I need to prove it’s
> the device code and not an issue with my setup.
>

> Very simple setup, all local no nat… Grandstream video phone and a
> AIphone IX-MX7 door station.
>

> PJSIP … doorstation to grandstream 3370 works perfectly. Early video
> works as well.
>
> PJSIP … grandtream to doorstation I get a error from the doorstation I get

You didn't provide the IP addresses of things involved, so anyone looking at the packet captures has to look in and decipher what is what which may be why noone on here has responded as of yet. The user agent of Asterisk is also changed so that confused things some for me to until I double checked the SDP and saw it's Asterisk.

Asterisk is sending a re-invite to 192.168.1.10 as an attempt to make both the audio and video streams bidirectional. The device at 192.168.1.10 is rejecting this with a 400 Bad Request. It should respond either with a 200 OK with an SDP answer of the state of the streams, or it should respond with a 488 Not Acceptable. Both of these would keep the call up and the appropriate stream would probably flow although I haven't tested this particular usage.

You also didn't specify an Asterisk version from what I can see, and stream behavior between 13 and 16 differs (as 16 understands streams) which could contribute to the behavior.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer