[asterisk-users] 302 moved temporally callerid behavior

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Tue Jun 25 09:56:26 CDT 2019

On Tuesday 25 June 2019 at 16:49:23, Doug Lytle wrote:

> We have Polycom phones (I'm using a VVX601, the destination is a VVX301).
> We're also on Asterisk 13.
>
> I forwarded my call to the VVX301 and then dialed my phones DID.

Surely that is "call forwarding", which is quite different from either a blind
or attended transfer?

A transfer involves a call coming in to phone A, which rings, a person at
phone A transferring the call to phone B, and B answering it.

If the person at A speaks to B, it is an attended transfer; if A transfers the
call without speaking to B (ie: B does not answer the call until A has
completed the transfer), it is a blind transfer.

> The forwarded call showed my cell phone number, so I cannot reproduce.

Maybe the OP can outline precisely what is being done on the first phone which
rings with the inbound call, so that we all know we're talking about the same
situation?

Antony.

--
I still maintain the point that designing a monolithic kernel in 1991 is a
fundamental error.  Be thankful you are not my student.  You would not get a

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.